Welcome

Keep up to date with all things Haddington.

read more

Friends of the John Gray Centre (JGC)

Click here for details on ‘Friends of the John Gray Centre’ and their 2016 programme of Events.

Read more

Festival 2016 quick look…

Here’s a selection of Events being held at this year’s Festival 2016. More Events can be found in the soon to be published Festival 2016 handbook.

read more

Friends of John Gray Centre

All events are free to Friends and cost £3 for non-members unless otherwise stated. Light refreshments will be provided free of charge, donations welcome.

read more

Find Free WiFi in East Lothian

East Lothian Council web and communications team have recently developed a ‘Free WiFi in East Lothian Map’ as part of their digital inclusion strategy.

read more

The High Street mid tarring over the 'setts'. This can be dated quite accurately as 1953 as this is when it was recorded as having been done.

John Gray Centre sourced material Ref 1C/TIN/25

(John Hamilton, Admin)
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

A horse&trap crossing the Ford with the old buildings of Gifford Gate in the back ground.The small wall that the man is leaning against curve round into Ford Road as it does on the Waterside section,this was part of the ford.The large wall behind the man was a 2 store house but was demolished and this area became Whiteheads the builders yard, later a building used as the Tannery wool stores and later by Ranco's.The rest of the shown buildings were demolished and lay a derelict grass covered area played on by local kids until the the new buildings of today stand.The postcard photo dates about 1890's as no slaughter house is shown, built around 1901.
(James Fairgrieve, Adim)
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Who remembers Jimmy Dey - Geography teacher - Knox Academy - This is a school trip from Haddington to Aubigny 1960's ?

IreneHiggenbotham- admin. Haddington Twinning material.
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook