Haddington is hosting the Big Bike Revival, a nationwide event promoted by Cycling UK.
The event is taking place at Knox Academy on Friday 26 May between 9:30 and 16:30
The aim is to reconnect people of all ages with cycling and promote cycling to potential new cyclists as well as encourage regular cyclists to continue.
What’s on offer:-
- Bike mechanic on site for advice, demonstrations and minor repairs 10:00 – 14:00
- Puncture repairs
- Safety check advice and demonstrations
- Introduction and advice on the Bikeability scheme for adults and children
- Led rides at various times on local tracks and cycle paths
- Entertainment by local rider Aaron Duke – a range of stunts and displays including some of Scottish cycling’s up to date bikes
- Bananas and water supplied for participants
All above are free of charge so please feel free to come alone and help us to help the Scottish Government reach their target of reaching ten per cent of all journeys being carried out my non-motorised means by the year 2020.
East Lothian is a cycling haven so come along and be part of something great on your doorstep!