Page last updated –
HCC is committed to ensuring the everyone community is looked after and where possible volunteers are available to assist those in need. This page is to display the Latest information for the COVID-19 Virus (Coronavirus) for the local community covered by Haddington and District Community Council
Please check our Facebook page for all up to-date posts on whats happening and information in the Area. https://www.facebook.com/groups/HaddingtonCommunityCouncil/
Getting Additional Support – https://www.readyscotland.org/coronavirus/where-to-find-additional-support/
Helpfull community details and numbers. Check out our Community Help page
STAY AT HOME
Haddington CC RESPONSE to COVID print and keep handy.
- People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:
- shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
- one form of exercise a day – for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household;
- any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person; and
- travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.
If you need food or groceries delivered check this page and see who locally we have confirmed as being able to help
Free packed lunches are available from the infant school for all those in receipt of free school meals Monday-Friday
ASKING FOR HELP
NEVER GIVE ANYONE MONEY UP FRONT
DO NOT LET ANYONE INTO THE HOUSE
Check out our Community Help page for a list of numbers
- Advice on Helping in your community https://www.readyscotland.org/coronavirus/helping-in-your-community/
- Only help if you are well – Follow advice on nhsinform.scot/coronavirus
- People who may be in need of help – neighbours, over 70’s, and friends and family
- Connect with your neighbours, why not pop a note through the door or print off a ‘Here to Help’ calling card
- Provide emotional support – Calls, text messages and contact via social media.
- Provide practical help, Shopping, prescriptions, putting bins out
- Do this safely – If you are helping, the advice is to stay 2 metres – about 3 steps – away from people you are helping.
- worried about someone’s health? encourage them to call their GP practice or NHS24 on 111 if the GP is closed.
- Call 999 immediately if you believe someone’s life is at risk.
Getting help and Financial Support
- Haddington Community Council resiliency advice number 07592 003 386 (10am-4pm) for help with contact information, Shopping and Prescription pickup and general advice on where to go for further help.
- East Lothian Council accessing online services https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/info/210574/emergencies_safety_and_crime/12488/coronavirus/8
- Welfare advice – https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/homepage/10434/covid-19_welfare_advice_and_financial_support
Parent and Child advice
- Home based learning encouragement https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/news/article/13198/encouragement_for_home-based_learning
- Parent club – https://www.parentclub.scot/topics/health/coronavirus
- ‘Children’s Hubs’ – Haddington’s childrens hub will be St Mary’s Primary School/Haddington Primary School (infants building)
- Scot Govt Update on school closures and exams
- letter from Deputy First Minister to local authorities on school and ELC closures
Protect yourself and others:
- stay at home
- only go outside for essential food, health and work reasons
- stay 2 metres (6 feet) away from other people
- wash your hands regularly
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
Please see the following OFFICIAL guides For more information.
- NHS advice on Staying at home
- Government guide on Social Distancing
- Stay at home guidance diagram
- Staying at home with Children
remember these measures do not mean you lock yourself away completely. Please use social media and the telephone to keep in touch and talk to people on a daily basis please use the facebook groups below.
If you have symptoms
Common symptoms include:
- high temperature or fever
- a persistent cough
- shortness of breath
- Use the NHS Inform Self Help guide to see if you have covid-19
- Patients with virus will not need assess symptoms of coronvirus and will be able to manage their symptoms at home, following the advice on NHS Inform website.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital if you think you have symptoms of COVID-19 UNLESS YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTIES.
- See East Lothian Council’s Advice on Accessing GP’s
Before you contact your practice, consider checking www.nhsinform.scot for advice about corona virus and any other health problems.
If you have a medical emergency, always phone 999
A free helpline has been set up for people who do not have symptoms but are looking for general advice: 0800 028 2816.
- Everyone within your household should stay at home for 14 days from when your symptoms start.
- After 7 days, if you feel better and no longer have a high temperature, you can return to your normal routine.
- If other household members develop symptoms within the 14-day household isolation period, they need to stay at home for a further 7 days from the first day that their symptoms began. This should be done, even if it takes them over the 14-day isolation period.
- If other household members become unwell during the 14-day household isolation period, they should follow the advice – that is, after 7 days of their symptoms starting, if they feel better and no longer have a high temperature, they can also return to their normal routine.
- Should a household member develop coronavirus symptoms late in the 14-day household isolation period (for example on day 13 or 14), the household isolation period does not need to be extended, but the person with the new symptoms has to stay at home for 7 days.
- At the end of the 14-day isolation period, any household member who has not become unwell can return to their normal routine.
LOCAL DOCTORS SURGERIES
See East Lothian Council’s Advice on Accessing GP’s With effect from MONDAY 16TH MARCH ALL GP appointments will be by TELEPHONE ONLY. patients not to attend the practice without prior agreement.
- Haddington Police 39 Court Street, Haddington EH41 3AE 01620 824101
- Tyne Medical Practice Tel: 01620 823 183 https://tynemedicalpractice.co.uk/
- Orchard Medical Practice Tel: 01620 825497 http://www.orchardmedprac.scot.nhs.uk/
- Lammermuir Medical Tel: 01620 825051 https://www.lammermuirmedicalpractice.scot.nhs.uk/
- East Lothian Community Hospital 0131 536 8300 NHS Lothian Website
Unless advised to do so by the hospital all appointments are still going ahead. you will be contacted directly if your appointment is cancelled.
If you are in any doubt please telephone the hospital on 0131 536 8300 who will have an update on the situation. (long wait to get phone answered)
BOOTS – 01620 823349 35-36 High St, Haddington EH41 3EE, boots.com
OFFICIAL COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Advice pages.
- NHS INFORM – https://www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus
- Scottish Government – https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/
- NHS Scotland – https://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/a-to-z-of-topics/covid-19/
- NHS UK – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- UK Government – https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- East Lothian Council – https://www.eastlothian.gov.uk/homepage/10448/coronaviruscovid-19
- World Health Organisation – https://www.who.int/westernpacific/emergencies/covid-19
Advice for businesses
- www.findbusinessSupport.gov.scot – 0300 303 0660
- HMRC helpline – 0800 0159 559
Official information on Retail Deliveries – https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-handling-of-planning-conditions-for-retail-deliveries-and-store-opening-times-chief-planner-letter/
PAGE LAST UPDATED